Monday, November 18, 2013
Thursday, December 1, 2011
Monday, April 18, 2011
you use fake plastic vomit as a valentine card
you greet stupid devils with a hand buzzer how-do
you once tricked night with a moon whoopee cushion
it vowed to get even
with rain and bums and insomniac crows
you apologized drooling from novelty teeth
you’re the banana peel my heart pratfalls on
giggling and squealing
you offer it gum
eeek don’t chew it it’s Red Pepper Hot
you offer it fly ice cubes and a rubber wishbone
not even worried
as night sprinkles comets like gold itching powder
Monday, November 22, 2010
Thursday, August 26, 2010
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness,
starving hysterical naked,
dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn
looking for an angry fix,
angelheaded hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly connection
to the starry dynamo in the machinery of night,
Starry dynamo in the machinery of night! Writing and sex demand beaucoup passion—and when you fuck for cash it ain’t love.
Monday, May 10, 2010
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
2. Write like you’ll croak today — death is the best editor.
3. Pick one — fame or delight.
4. The archer knows the target. The poet knows the wastebasket.
5. Cunning and excess are your friends.
6. TV and liquor are your enemies.
7. Everything eternal happens in a spare room at 3 a.m.
8. You’re done when the crows sing.